Dear Church Family and Community,
In prayer and consultation with the Church Board and Staff, we have collectively decided to adopt the following temporary policies for Harrisburg Brethren in Christ (HBIC):
- We will suspend ALL public gatherings and meetings through April 18th. The Church Board and Staff in cooperation with Pastor Hank will monitor the situation and will make decisions about when to begin holding services again. (FYI, the Center for Disease recommended cancelling events for 50 or more people for 8 weeks beginning March 15th. Gov. Wolf has also issued a statewide shutdown on March 16th).
- We will provide weekly online worship resources that can be used for individuals or as a family. This resource will be sent out by email each weekend and will also be available on our website.
- We will make a weekly online worship experience (video) available via YouTube through our website.
- Each Wednesday night, beginning at 7 pm, Pastor Hank or another of our pastors will host a virtual prayer gathering and Q&A interaction via Zoom (an online video conference service) in response to that week’s worship experience. A link to Zoom will be provided.
- Presently, the Church Office will continue to be open for our normal hours (Monday- Thursday, 9am-3pm), and the prayer room and sanctuary can be made available for prayer during office hours if you contact us before coming in.
- Ministry Team Leaders have been encouraged to contact and check in. We invite you all to do the same for people close to you through family, in your neighborhood, and in our church family. Let’s try to stay connected with one another through these weeks.
- This is a time when we may be called upon to help one another. Please contact the Church Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need some assistance. Or contact the pastors at the office if you would have the ability to help meet a need. We’ll try to keep a contact list for when help is needed by folks.
- Finally, all of our pastors are available to you for prayer, counsel, or information. Please contact the Church Office, or any of us directly through e-mail or by phone at the church (717-561-2170)
- Pastor Hank: email@example.com 104
- Pastor Lynda: firstname.lastname@example.org 105
- Pastor Brie: email@example.com 121
- Pastor Patty: firstname.lastname@example.org 107
- Pastor Woody: email@example.com 103
- Pastor Carmen: firstname.lastname@example.org 108
- Pastor Esteban: email@example.com 106
How Do I Connect Electronically
There are currently two ways to connect together electronically which we’ll be using for worship and prayer:
- YouTube, via our church web site (HBIC.Church)
Each week, we will post a weekly online worship experience on our website (HBIC.Church). The video will be posted as a YouTube link and will be available by Sunday at 9am. You’ll also be able to access the video through the church’s YouTube page.
Zoom is an audio-visual conferencing tool which we’ll be using for prayer. To join a meeting, you can use either your phone or your computer.
You will have to download the software for your computer in order to join the platform. Each week, we will provide:
- Phone Number: to call into the Zoom Meeting (1-929-205-6099)
- Link: to connect by computer/laptop/device Zoom/HBIC Prayer
All meetings will be active 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
If you have questions about using Zoom:
When and Where to Connect for Prayer
There are three ways to connect together for prayer.
Virtual Prayer Meetings
This is time to pray together remotely using Zoom.
- You can join us via a computer or mobile device.
- You can also call in: 1-929-205-6099.
Meeting ID: 433 644 241
7:00-8:00 PM, Wednesdays
log-on or call-in as early as 6:50 pm
Private time for individual prayer, or praying with your family, will be available in the Sanctuary or Prayer Room [please contact church office to let us know you are coming, as safety protocols must be observed].
Sanctuary will be available:
9am-3pm, Mondays to Thursdays (except on Food Pantry Thursdays)
If you would like to have us open the space for additional times, please let the Church Office know: firstname.lastname@example.org or (717)561-2170.
With the Pastors
Finally, all of our pastors are available to you for prayer, counsel, or information. Please contact the Church Office, or get in touch with us directly through e-mail or by phone, as listed above. We’d count it a privilege to pray with you over the phone, by video chat, or by email during this time that we may not be able to do so in person.
How to Help Through This COVID-19 Season
Commit to praying for our HBIC family, when we are together and while we are apart.
The Staff and Ministry Team leaders will be checking in on the congregation regularly. If you need something, say something. If there is a way you can serve, please join us in serving. If you have something to give, say something.
Please continue your financial support of the ministries of the Harrisburg Brethren in Christ Church as you are able. These are uncertain financial times for everyone, and your faithful stewardship will help HBIC to continue to shine our light. These are ways you can give:
- E-Tithing (EFT)
- Easy Titheonline giving
- Mail a check to the Church Office (2217 Derry St., Harrisburg, PA 17104)
May God bless each of us with the riches of his presence during this season of not being able to be present with one another. Keep journeying in faith!
Love in Christ,
Pastor Hank, for all the staff
P: (717) 561-2170, ext. 104